Update: Per Governor Walz’s executive order on March 25 to stay home, we will extending our temporary closure through April 10. Please keep an eye on our website and social media for further updates.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges and difficult decisions for all of us. At Achieve, our top priority will always be the health and safety of those we are privileged to serve, as well as our extremely talented and dedicated staff. Accordingly, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close Achieve Services, beginning on Thursday, March 19. We will be open on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so staff and caregivers have some time to put alternative plans in place. We are planning to reopen on April 13, but that date could change depending on new developments over the next two weeks.
We did not arrive at this decision lightly. We know that this decision will create hardships for many of our staff, participants, families and other caregivers. We will do our best to mitigate these hardships in any way we can.
The reasons for this decision include the following:
- The CDC has advised that people not attend gatherings of 50 or more people;
- The state Department of Health recommends cancelling or postponing gatherings of 10 or more people where the majority of people are at a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19;
- Last night, the President recommended avoiding gathering of 10 or more people regardless of underlying health issues;
- Many of our community job sites involve participants coming into contact with large numbers of people;
- Many of our participants have underlying medical issues that make them more vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus; and
- We are now seeing “community spread” in Minnesota, which makes it impossible to identify the sources of exposure.
While we will be open on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, we would advise anyone who is at higher risk based on guidance from the CDC should stay home on those days.
Achieve staff are in the process of identifying persons served who may not have adequate support during the day when our program is closed. We will work with these individuals and their teams to determine the best plan for their health and safety. We ask anyone needing this assistance to contact us at 763 783-4909.
The COVID-19 situation is evolving rapidly, and some of the information in this letter could change in the future. You can find the most current information we have by accessing our website or Facebook page, and we will also notify our email list of any significant new developments.
Again, we understand that this temporary closure will create hardships, but we will not put the health and safety of our staff and participants at risk. We deeply appreciate your patience and support during this challenging time.