Achieve Services is proud to make our debut as a participant organization in Made in the Shade, a fun run, walk, and roll that benefits programs for people with developmental disabilities. You can form a team or participate as an individual, and raise money to support Achieve!
Made in the Shade Event Details
WHEN: Saturday, September 20, 2014
WHERE: Thomas Beach, Lake Calhoun, Minneapolis
9:30am – Check in at Thomas Beach
10:00am – Warm-up
10:15am – Fun Run shotgun start
10:30am – Walk and Roll shotgun start
11:30am – Post event celebration with lunch and music!
Ways to Get Involved
1) Form a Team!
Get together some of your close friends and family and hold a contest to see who can raise the most money. Show your team spirit by coming up with a clever name or costume idea!
2) Participate as an Individual!
Don’t have a team? No problem! There will be lots of people from Achieve and 10 other organizations already participating. We make it easy for you to raise money with the helpful forms and letters below.
3) Support Somebody Who is Participating!
Can’t make it yourself? You can still show your support by making a donation in honor of somebody who will be participating.
4) Sponsor Achieve!
Would you or your company be interested in sponsoring this event? You will get some great publicity and showcase your support for a great cause. See below for sponsorship details.
How to Get Started
2) Download the pledge form and start asking family and friends for donations. If you raise more than $25.00, you will receive a free t-shirt.
3) Download our donation request letter and send out lots of copies. We can also provide you with stamped return envelopes if you send a request to Alex Carlson or stop by Achieve Services and pick some up.
4) Donate to support somebody who is participating on the official Made in the Shade website.
If your company is interested in sponsoring Made in the Shade on behalf of Achieve Services, you will receive numerous benefits including excellent visibility on the day of the event. Sponsors will be featured on the Made in the Shade website along with the opportunity for signage during the race, mention on the official t-shirt, and more! Contact Alex Carlson for sponsorship opportunities.
Contact Alex Carlson for more information or for help getting started!