Achieve Services, a day training program that supports adults with disabilities, is seeking a full time COTA (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant). The qualified candidate will work on 1-1 programs with participants during the program day, supervise and support carry-over programs and facilitate group activities in our Blaine location. Other duties include:
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining carryover/discharge programs of participants who have completed restorative PT, OT and Speech/language therapy services as appropriate.
- Responsible for communicating schedule to all staff who have a participant receiving carryover service.
- Accountable to provide a Summary of Service report on each participant receiving carryover/maintenance services for their semi-annual and annual review meetings.
- Be available to attend Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meeting as requested or deemed appropriate, to effectively communicate progress, issues or new concerns.
- Available to attend program planning if requested.
- Required to educate area staff in individual carryover programs to assure continuity of cares.
- Facilitate turning therapy programs over to areas staff when deemed appropriate or as needed.
- Keep schedule of participants current based on priority of services that require specialized cares.
- Available to assess new referrals within COTA scope of practice (to improve, refine or maintain motor skills, range of motion, fine and gross motor coordination as well as activities fro daily living, sensory integration and social living skills, eating, work, adaptive equipment, social skills, etc.)
- Consult with Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to assist in referrals to outside OT, PT or Speech Therapy evaluation when necessary.
- Provide activities in group structure to address psychological/social skills with a wide variety of participants based on needs and interest.
- Responsible to provide a summary of activities for each group structured event every six months.
- Available to go on outings as an additional support person as requested.
- Provide direct care to participants as needed.
- Responsible to keep program area clean and hazard-free.
- Be knowledgeable of durable medical equipment and be able to assist in recommendations on adaptations or equipment.
- Responsible to teach staff safe and appropriate techniques.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to participants who are experiencing difficulty in learning new jobs.
- Assist in adapting equipment for vocational and other activities.
- Assist with scheduling community integration activities.
- Provide assistance with behavior interventions as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy principles and practices.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities field.
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment.
- Ability to assess skills and develop individual program plans.
- Ability to physically lift and maneuver adult participants with agency equipment per agency policies.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to provide work direction to others.
- Ability to adapt equipment.
- Ability to network with peers for suggestions/guidance/networking with participant plans.
- Ability to be on time and work scheduled shift.
Current licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA). Meet the requirements of a comprehensive certification Renewal Program emphasizing continuing professional development. Experience working with individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
Achieve provides competitive salary as well as excellent benefits. Applicants can apply through Achieve’s website at www.achieveservices.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: