Achieve Services, Inc. is a day program that supports adults with disabilities in Blaine, MN. Achieve is currently recruiting for a full time Job Coach/Van Driver. This position is a 40 hour per week, Monday-Friday position. The position will include driving a short morning and afternoon van route to pick up participants at their homes and bringing them into work. It will also include supervising (Job Coaching) a small group of participants at their community job site.
The qualified candidate will have PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE working with individuals with disabilities. Must have the ability to pass a DHS required Minnesota Criminal Background check and hold a current Minnesota Driver’s license. The appointed will also have to successfully pass a MVR background check.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Drive participants to and from home and job sites in a safe manner
• Assist participants on and off the vehicle
• Assist in the development of transportation routes that will insure the most cost effective and efficient ride possible for Achieve participants
• Support of programmatic interventions of participants while on the vehicle
• Provide work direction for Transportation Attendants when applicable
• Maintain vehicle in good and safe operating condition, perform pre-trip/post-trip inspections.
• Communicate with appropriate staff, and document any concerns on the corresponding forms
• Attend staff training and other meetings as required
• To provide input and assistance in implementing formal and informal participant objectives.
• To provide meaningful tasks and activities so that participants are engaged in functional activities.
• Set up and carry through with tasks in ways that assist participants in increasing their independence.
• Have a working knowledge of community jobs so that assistance can be provided to participants so they job can be completed correctly and quality is maintained.
• Collect accurate program data on a daily basis.
• Communicate with others regarding concerns and program progress of participants in such a way that respect and confidentiality are maintained.
• Will work cooperatively with outside agencies that we work for.
• Will work cooperatively with other staff, agencies and family members in order to facilitate services provided.
• Assists participants with eating, mobility (including lifting and transferring), dressing, toileting and other personal needs.
• Provide supervision to participants throughout the day.
• Provide positive, age-appropriate interaction opportunities for participants throughout the day.
• Accept work direction from the Training Specialist and supervision from the Program Manger.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
• Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol testing.
• Ability to pass a motor vehicle background check.
• Ability to safely operate a vehicle.
• Ability to lift or manually assist people with disabilities on an off vehicles.
• Ability to work with people with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to follow instructions/direction.
• Ability to read maps and plan routes.
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of staff and team members is a professional, respectful manner.
• Ability to provide direct care to programs participants and assist with participant supervision as necessary.
• Ability to be on time and work scheduled shift.
• Ability to follow-through with requests and work direction from other staff, outside job sites or families.
• Ability to provide a positive work atmosphere for participants.
• Ability to implement effective techniques for working with people with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to negotiate and find creative solutions to problems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to engage in a cooperative work style, encouraging teamwork and respect.
Achieve is an Equal Opportunity Employer